Our name may seem somewhat generic as the church in Morgan Hill. We are actually following the New Testament principle of naming a church only based on the city of its locality. We do not claim to be the only members of the church in Morgan Hill since all genuine born again believers of Christ are members of the universal church. However, we are taking the stand that we have no other name than simply the church and do not denominate ourselves based upon any teaching or practice. We hold to the common faith and seek to have fellowship with all genuine Christians.
To the church of God which is in Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, the called saints, with all those who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, who is theirs and ours.
–1 Cor. 1:2
“The Church in Morgan Hill is our home away from home, and we are very happy to be a part of it. We feel very fortunate that the Lord has placed us here.”
-Tim and Julianne
We hold the faith which is common to all the believers:
The Bible is the complete and only divine revelation, inspired word by word by God through the Holy Spirit.
- For no prophecy was ever borne by the will of man, but men spoke from God while being borne by the Holy Spirit. –2 Pet. 1:21
- All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. –2 Tim. 3:16
God is eternally one. He is also eternally the Father, the Son, and the Spirit, the three being distinct but not separate.
- For there is one God and one Mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus. –1 Timothy 2:5
- Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. –Matt. 28:19
The Spirit, the third of the Trinity, is equally God. All that the Father has and is, is expressed by the Son; and all that the Son has and is, is realized as the Spirit.
- No one has ever seen God; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. –John 1:18
- But when He, the Spirit of reality, comes, He will guide you into all the reality; for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak; and He will declare to you the things that are coming. He will glorify Me, for He will receive of Mine and will declare it to you. All that the Father has is Mine; for this reason I have said that He receives of Mine and will declare it to you. –John 16:13-15
Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption.
- Who Himself bore up our sins in His body on the tree, in order that we, having died to sins, might live to righteousness; by whose bruise you were healed. –1 Pet. 2:24
- In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of offenses, according to the riches of His grace.Christ resurrected from among the dead on the third day. –Eph. 1:7
- And that He was buried, and that He has been raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. –1 Cor. 15:4
The Son of God, even God Himself, was incarnated to be a man by the name of Jesus Christ.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. –John 1:1
- And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us (and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only Begotten from the Father), full of grace and reality. –John 1:14
Christ ascended to the right hand of God to be Lord of all.
- And when He had said these things, while they were looking on, He was lifted up, and a cloud took Him away from their sight. –Acts 1:9
- Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God and having received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father, He has poured out this which you both see and hear. –Acts 2:33
- Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made Him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you have crucified. –Acts 2:36
Whenever any person repents to God and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, he is regenerated (born anew) and becomes a child of God possessing His life and nature, and a living member of the one Body of Christ.
- Solemnly testifying both to Jews and to Greeks repentance unto God and faith in our Lord Jesus. –Acts 20:21
- Not out of works in righteousness which we did but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and the renewing of the Holy Spirit. –Titus 3:5
- Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God. –John 3:3
- But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name, who were begotten not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. –John 1:12-13
- So we who are many are one Body in Christ, and individually members one of another. –Rom. 12:5
Christ is coming again to receive His believers to Himself.
- For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at His coming? Are not even you? –1 Thes. 2:19
Would you like to learn more?
Get connected with someone who can help.